Status – Operational
FH.2528 was built by F.C Hibberd and Co Ltd at their Park Royal Corporation works in 1941 during World War Two. The 20HP locomotive was ordered by War Department. It is believed to have worked for most of its life at the Ministry of Defence depot at Liphook, before being sold to Streeters of Godalming Ltd, a Civil Engineering contractor. It spent most of it’s time in Streeter’s yard, occasionally working construction contracts on temporarily laid rails.
No.2585 has recently had a heavy overhaul, with new piston rings, valves, replacement flex coupling and new gearbox bearings and clutch linings, along with the addition of a cab.